About our client
Our client is a multi-billion dollar US MNC with leading nutritional products sold worldwide. Our client's business is growing rapidly, especially in APAC regions, and is actively looking to grow a dynamic team in this part of the world.
About the Role
- Daily interactions with the government and regulatory institutions and build strong working relationships with the respective government representatives to reinforce corporate reputation
- Involve in strong collaborations with local and regional industry trade associations and networks
- Develop credible support with targeted officials and represent company on global issues in the food and nutrition industry and ensure new regulatory and public changes are coherent to company’s business developments
- Recommend possible corporate positioning on legistration and regulation, locally and regionally
- Regular legal assessments of the commercial implications of the proposed regulation & legislation. Involve regional stakeholders to devise and implement strategies to protect and advance the company’s interests.
- Support the ASEAN harmonization efforts and attend to scientific committee and product working group meetings
- Represent company in trade associations on related topics on food nutrition, cosmetics and other business organizations and to build good industry relationships
- Build industry alliances to further promote the company’s business and to strengthen the effectiveness of targeted national trade associations.
- Proactively collaborate with other functional departments to resolve legal, technical, scientific or policy queries
- Responsible for contract lobbyists
- Regular weekly briefing reports to internal management at APAC and country level, resolve complex regulatory and legislative issues into clear, concise business messages.
- At least 5 years of relevant government affairs or market excess experience, especially in Indonesia /ASEAN
- Strong liaison relationship/experience with government bodies/ministries
- Good understanding of health policies and developments
- Degree in nutrition, public health, political science or relevant
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organization skills
Interested candidates with relevant experience, please send updated resume to email@example.com