Industry : Plastic Injection Molding
Requirements: Experience in Plastic Injection Molding; Mold Design, Construction & Application
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Technology Officer will oversee all technology & product analysis activities at PT Geronimo Kuala Kencana. As well, this role is responsible for owning rapid development processes, and managing the rapid development team in its development of the Company's products.
The CTO is required to remain innovative in design and stay abreast of all industry hot topics.
II. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to lead rapid development team to the completion of design and development under aggressive timelines.
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet company goals for the Research & Development Department.
- Develop and monitor department budgets and forecasts.
- Establish key performance indicators
- Mentor staff members in order to assist them in cultivating their skills.
- Establish compensation, training, short and long-term goals.
- Review mold technical designs created for conformance to development standards, appropriate design choices.
- Create technical design for large and complicated projects.
- Evaluate new plastic mold (molding) technologies and make recommendations and decisions on inclusion into the PT Geronimo Kuala Kencana development methodologies and product architecture.
- Create implementation plan and documentation to be followed by development staff.
- Research and evaluate third party software for usage in development lifecycle to aid efficiency and/or quality.
- Define development standards and methodologies.
- Define design documentation methodology and philosophy.
- Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to evaluate options for design and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customer's best interest.
- Manages all research, development, and product design initiatives.
- Manage the overall department of Research & Development.
- Other duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly manage 4 - 5 employees in the Research and Development Group Division on a continual basis, and manage any employees involved in rapid development for the duration of the team life.
- This role will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff;
- Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth;
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others;
- Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- S-1 Industrial Engineering / S-1 Manufacture Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) from a four-year university or equivalent experience is required.
- Manufacturing or Industries major is preferred.
- 4+ years experience in plastic injection molding & mold development, product management, and/or quality assurance is required.
- Management experience is required.
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry (plastic injection molding) is preferred.
- Communication Skills
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation
- skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Computer Skills
- Become and remain proficient is all software programs (ie. Pro/Engineer, Creo Elements/Pro, SolidWorks) necessary in running the Research and Development department of PT Geronimo Kuala Kencana.
Send all applications to: email@example.com