This is an exciting time to join Phu Bia Mining. Our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation is in its fifth year of production, our Ban Houayxai Gold-Silver Operation commenced production in 2012 and we have a pipeline of exploration projects in Laos.
We are a growing company, offering experienced professionals from the South East Asian region the opportunity to work as an expatriate in Laos, only a short flight from Thailand, the Philippines, China and Indonesia. By joining the Phu Bia Mining team and working in a multi-cultural environment, you will play a key role in the further development of our projects and our Lao staff to develop their experience in mining. You will be supported by experienced, senior expatriates who will provide you with further training and development in your discipline. You will be rewarded with a generous salary (including potential tax advantages) and benefits package so that you can build a financial future for you and your family.
We offer many different career opportunities at our mine and exploration sites and in our Vientiane office; and as an employer who values diversity, we encourage women to apply for all available positions. Our modern mine camps provide a range of Asian and Western food, as well as sporting and recreational facilities, including football field, gym, pool tables and wet mess.
This position is based at our Phu Kham Copper-Gold Operation, located approximately 120km north of the Lao capital, Vientiane. Phu Kham is a conventional open pit mine producing approximately 65,000 tonnes of copper concentrate annually. The process plant, recently upgraded to a design capacity of 16 million tonnes per annum, comprises a SAG mill and two ball mill grinding circuits, each rated at 13 mega watts, with copper and precious metal recovery by flotation. Reporting to the Administration Superintendent, you will be responsible for the improvement of systems and processes across our camp administration, catering, housekeeping and transportation functions, and the training of staff in these systems.
Your outstanding leadership and coaching skills will be critical to the ongoing development and performance of the relatively inexperienced, but very keen and willing, local Lao workforce. This is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference and see your team grow and develop as a direct result of your efforts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement and manage all camp, catering administration and transportation policies and systems
- Provide day to day leadership of site administration, transportation, catering and facilities management
- Deliver high quality food and accommodation services to all staff and visitors on site
- Ensure accurate monthly cost reports for accommodation and meals
- Manage and control expenditure for accommodation, catering and transport areas
- Improve and manage an efficient and effective system for the timely and safe transportation of personnel to and from Vientiane, surrounding regions and site
- Ensure high standards of maintenance and cleanliness in all office, recreational and accommodation areas
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- Extensive experience in a remote site administration role
- Minimum 7 years of experience in large camp administration and remote site services
- Strong financial background in managing budgets, financial reporting and analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to engage others
- Strong commitment to training and supporting the growth of Lao National employees
- Unwavering safety focus
Please apply online at www.panaust.com.au/current-vacancies
send your applicaiton to email@example.com